President Donald Trump’s doctor said Thursday that Donald Trump had completed his treatment for the coronavirus, had been stable since he returned to the White House, and could return to his public commitments on Saturday.
Dr. Sean Conley said in a memo released by the White House that Trump had responded “extremely well” to treatment without any evidence of adverse effects.
Donald Trump was hospitalized on Friday after announcing that he had contracted the coronavirus. He returned to the White House on Monday.
“Since he returned home, his physical examination has been stable and without any indication to suggest progression of the disease,” Conley wrote. “Saturday will be the 10th since Thursday’s diagnosis, and based on the track record of advanced diagnostics the team has been conducting, I fully anticipate the president’s safe return to public engagements at that time.”
Donald Trump, confined to the White House with the illness he has tried to downplay, said Thursday that he did not believe it was contagious and that he was feeling well enough to resume campaign rallies. Such demonstrations, particularly indoors, have raised concerns among public health experts about the spread of the virus.
“I would love to do a rally tonight. I wanted to do one last night, “Trump said, adding that” if I’m at a rally, I’m alone, far away from everyone, “Donald Trump told Fox Business Network.
In an interview on Fox News Thursday night, Trump said he could try holding a rally on Saturday night, likely in Florida, followed by another rally on Sunday night in Pennsylvania.
“I feel so good,” he said while avoiding host Sean Hannity’s repeated questions about whether Trump tested negative for the coronavirus.
“The test is probably tomorrow,” Trump said. “The real test, because there is no reason to test all the time. But they found very little infection or viruses if any. I don’t even think they found any, I didn’t do much research with the doctors. “