Never mind the soured cream, cottage cheese, cheese, water bath, and worrying a few sunken centers. The filling for this delicious cheesecake has just four simple ingredients, and therefore the cake bakes during a mere half-hour. Now THAT’S easy! Checkout easy cheesecake recipe.
Easy Cheesecake Recipe Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups (128g) graham cracker crumbs (9 to 10 whole graham crackers, crushed)
- 1/4 cup (28g) confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 cup (5 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon, 74g) melted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (454g, 2 large packages) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup (152g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Select a pie pan whose inside top dimension is a minimum of 9″, and whose height is a minimum of 1 1/4″. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Make the crust by mixing together all of the crust ingredients, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Press the crumbs into rock bottom and up the edges of the pie pan, making a thicker layer on rock bottom than on the edges.
- Make the filling by mixing together the room-temperature cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix within the eggs and vanilla, again mixing until smooth. To avoid beating an excessive amount of air into the batter, use a mixer set at low-medium speed. To avoid lumps, make sure the cream cheese is softened, and/or at room temperature.
Set the pie pan onto a baking sheet, if desired; this makes it easier to move in and out of the oven, and also protects rock bottom of the crust from any potential scorching. Pour the filling into the crust.
- Place the cheesecake in the oven. Bake it for 20 minutes, then add a crust shield; or shield the crust with strips of aluminum foil. Bake for an additional 10 minutes (for a total of about 30 minutes). A digital thermometer inserted into the filling 1″ from the edge should read between 165°F and 170°F; the filling won’t look entirely set in the center.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven, and set it on a rack to chill. Once the cake is cool, refrigerate it, covered, until you’re able to serve it.
- Serve cheesecake in wedges, with fresh fruit if desired. Store any leftovers within the refrigerator for several days; freeze for extended storage.