Meatloaf Recipe is flavorful and juicy with a delicious glaze spread on the surface. This dish is straightforward to form for dinner and is bound to be your favorite homemade food. It is the simplest meatloaf recipe you’ll get, with minimal preparation work required.
This easy and delicious meatloaf recipe is so rich and tender, that you will not get enough of it. Serve it alongside Crispy Roasted Potatoes, Creamy Mashed Potatoes, or Mac and Cheese Casserole for a complete meal. Let’s know how to make Meatloaf at home.
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- 3 cups chopped yellow onions (3 onions)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup canned chicken stock or broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 1/2 pounds ground chuck (81 percent lean)
- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs (recommended: Progresso)
- 2 extra-large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup ketchup (recommended: Heinz)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat the vegetable oil during a medium saute pan. Add the onions, salt, thyme or mint, and pepper and bake over medium-low flame, mixing occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes, until the onions are translucent but not brown. Off the warmth, add the Worcester sauce, chicken broth, and ingredient. Allow cooling slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the bottom chuck, onion mixture, bread crumbs, and eggs, and blend lightly with a fork. Don’t mash or the meatloaf will be dense. Shape the mixture into an oblong loaf on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper. Spread the ketchup evenly on top. Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours, until the internal temperature is 160 degrees F and the meatloaf is cooked through. (A pan of hot water in the oven, under the meatloaf, will keep the top from cracking.) Serve hot.