Virat Kohli is the captain of an Indian cricket team who is known as the Run Machine and King Kohli in international cricket. He is an elegant batsman who usually bats on first down in the Indian cricket team. His famous is due to the breakdown of several records in international cricket. He is at no. 5 in the list of most hundreds by a batsman in the international cricket. Check out Virat Kohli biography, height, weight, age, girlfriend, wife, caste, family and more.
Virat Kohli Biography / Wiki
Virat Kohli is 31 years old Indian cricketer who has been playing for the Indian cricket team from the last decade. He was born on 5 November 1988 in Delhi, India. Cricket was the passion that fascinated him in his boyhood, and he adopted the cricket as his passion. He completed his higher studies from ‘Vishal Bharti Public School, Delhi’ and secondary schooling from ‘Saviour Convent Senior Secondary School, Paschim Vihar, Delhi.’ He does not have any graduation degree; as he started concentrating on his game after completion of his schooling.
Apart from being a genius cricketer, he has a dashing personality. He looks quite cool and handsome in his appearance. Being a sportsperson, he maintains his fitness by doing workouts and other physical activities. He weighs around 70 kg and his height is 5′ 9″ inches. His eyes are dark brown and the hair is black. He has a built-up body. His chest is around 40 inches, waist- 30 inches, and biceps are 14 inches.
Family, Caste, Girlfriends & Wife
Virat was from Delhi born in a middle-class Hindu family. His caste is Khatri. Late Prem Kohli who was a criminal lawyer, was his father. His mother’s name is Saroj Kohli who is a homemaker. Virat is the youngest of three siblings. His sister’s name is Bhawna Kohli and his brother’s name is Vikas Kohli. Both always supported Virat in every situation.
He chose Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma as his life partner on 11 December 2017 in Tuscany, Italy. He was dating Anushka for a long time.
Before dating Anushka Sharma, he was in the relationship with Sarah-Jane Dias (An actress), Sanjana (An actress), Tamannah Bhatiya (An Actress), and Izabelle Leite (A Brazilian model) according to the media reports.
Virat was passionate about cricket since his childhood. He started playing cricket in his schooldays. After playing for domestic teams such as Delhi and India Red, he made his one-day international debut on 18 August 2008 against Sri Lanka in Dambulla. Later in 2010 and 2011, he made his T20 and Test debut respectively against Zimbabwe and West Indies. In 2008, he captained the Indian Under-19 team in the world cup in Malaysia and led the team to win the cup. This was the turning point of his career. He got chance in the senior Indian team and he cashed-out the opportunity. Since then, he continued to play and broke several records. He is the fifth batsman in the list of most hundreds by an international batsman in the ICC rankings. The four toppers has retired,mentioned in the list and they played more matches than Virat. Till now (July 2018), he has scored 17435 runs including all three formats. In 2014, he was appointed as the captain of the Indian cricket team in all formats after the resignation of M. S. Dhoni as the Indian captain. Since then, he captained the team India in 49 ODI matches out of which India won 38 matches. He is the Indian skipper, India won the 5 consecutive test series and 9 test in a calendar year. In IPL, he plays for Royal Challengers Bengaluru. He made the record of most runs (973) and most hundreds in an IPL season.
Virat Kohli Records
- He is the first Indian to score a century on World Cup debut match (2011) and third Indian to make 2 ODI hundreds by the age of 22 (after Sachin Tendulkar & Suresh Raina).
- He is the fastest Indian crickter to fully complete 1000, 3000, 4000, 5000, and 7500 runs in ODI cricket and to score 25 ODI tons.
- In 2013, made the fastest century (of 52 balls) against Australia at Jaipur, in India.
- He is the third player to score 3 double hundreds in a calendar year after Don Bradman and Ricky Ponting.
- He shares the record of 4 double hundreds with Don Bradman, Graeme Smith, and Michael Clarke.
- He is the first Indian Test skipper to score a double century in an overseas Test.
- The fastest player to make 19,000 runs overall in international cricket.
- On 19 January 2020, while playing against Australia in Bengaluru, he became the highest run-scorer as an Indian skipper. He scored 11208 runs as captain; surpassing former skipper MS Dhoni, who amassed 11207 runs as captain.